Thursday, February 09, 2006

You've got to be kidding

Bush has revealed the details of the dastardly terrorist plot to attack LA in 2002:

In a speech at the National Guard Memorial Building, Bush said the cell planned to use shoe bombs to gain entry to the cockpit door and then fly the plane into a Los Angeles high-rise. The president called it the “Liberty Tower” but the White House later corrected that to the Library Tower, since renamed the US Bank Tower.
There are so many things wrong with this that it's really hard to know where to begin...and frankly, I doubt people with two brain cells to rub together need my help to see that. So I won't bother getting into it. What seems pretty evident to me is that this is complete bullshit. If it's not, then I think we can stop being worried about any more terrorist attacks because clearly, they're too profoundly stupid to ever pull it off.

No comments: